Purchase options schools
This includes everything you need to run Storyhaven through printable materials and immersive video content.
All the materials are usable simultaneously with multiple classes and replayable with subsequent classes or year groups.
By purchasing the Storyhaven digital teaching materials you will get non-expiring access to the following:
- Teacher's notes to support running Storyhaven in both real and virtual classrooms
- A 3-episode and 5-episode game of Storyhaven that can be played by groups of 2-6 students on a mobile, tablet, laptop or desktop.
- Immersive theatre content in the form of video messages from characters that can be played on an IWB at the front of class, or viewed on mobiles or tablets if students play alone in the library
- 41 graphically designed worksheets for students' adventure journals, in which students record details about their player character and journey and help cocreate the story world through their creative writing and drawing (10 essential worksheets, 31 optional extra activities)
- An illustrated map of the town of Storyhaven that can be printed off for each student to boost their ownership of the experience and serve as a focus for their team's shared imagining of the story world
- Instructions for how to make ice-age props to support student's roleplaying and make their game-play as immersive as possible, including a DIY ancient adventure journal cover and crystal story runes
- Full access to the Storyhaven website, where students can explore the story world and share their stories and artwork with other players from around the world for the chance to win prizes
Digital teaching materials access + boxed game
By purchasing this version of Storyhaven you will get access to the digital materials in the same way as above, but additionally we will send you a boxed game element that contains:
- 6 felt pouches with 10 crystal story runes in each. The pouches are handed out 1 per team and students receive the runes as they save the town's stories in the game to give them a physical prop to inspire their creative writing and roleplaying.
- A set of 30 professionally printed maps of the town to hand out to students playing the game to boost their ownership of the experience and give them a focus for their shared imagining of the story world.
- 2 faux leather adventure journals with twine binder, compass and pencil so that groups of students who want to play the game in the school library during their lunch breaks or in after-school reading clubs can do so without needing access to arts and crafts materials to make an adventure journal cover.
- A beautifully illustrated Storyhaven box to store all the above in safely in the school library, so that subsequent groups of students can replay the game with the same elements.
Live interactive performance to the classroom (to be shared with a partner school)
Price per school: £250
An optional 1hr30min performance live-streamed to the classroom via Zoom to replace the video content with a live interactive session of immersive theatre with one of our actors.
Playing the town story shaman our actor will open up the time portal to contact the children in the classrooms, so that they can perform the stories they have saved and written, symbolising them delivering the stories back to the imperilled present of the town to fight back the encroaching ice. With stage sound and lighting effects, the children love how these sessions bring the story world to life and allow them to get bespoke feedback on their creative work from the funny and warm-hearted character of the story shaman.
This session should be organised with a partner school of your choosing in the UK or abroad. Your students will play the game of Storyhaven in their class groups, then come together with the other schools' classes in the Zoom performance to share their stories with the shaman and each other, creating real motivation for your students to do their best work, and introducing them to the thrilling connections that reading can open for them in the wider world. As many classes as you want to participate can share this performance at the same time on IWBs in different classrooms.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange the time and date of your performance session.
Online training CPD session
Price: £100 per teacher
Contact email@example.com to arrange the session for your school delivered by a Wonderspun practitioner with experience running Storyhaven in schools. The session can be delivered via Skype, Zoom or Teams. As many of the school's teachers can attend as you like. The price is per attending teacher.
To join our mailing list, enter your email address: